Saturday 7 April 2012

Sacrifices

Since the destruction of my dedicated desk, all painting has pretty much ceased. This is despite the fact I have a small area to work on my computer desk. What's stopping me? Having a computer RIGHT NEXT to the painting station is enormously distracting; it just sucks away all my time and attention. I've known for a number of years that sitting at a computer 'narrows the mind'. I forget where I saw the article, probably in New Scientist. But studies have been done, I know that.

Anyway, long month no blog. I am having my 'nth' sweep out of miniatures to evilbay, and this time, for urgent financial reasons, I'm selling some old painted stuff from pre-lapsed days. So, this blog is a memorial to paint jobs I will soon no longer possess.

In no particular order, here they come...

Fantasy Zoat (1992)
Zoats, particularly the two fantasy variants, tend to sell for a few quid. Will find out how much a half-decent painted example will fetch. Painted during my 'bright' period: I had noted how deep and dark a lot of my early stuff was, so I purposely went a bit over the top. Towing the Citadel line ;p



Pink Horrors (1992)
More over-the-top colour from the same year ;p



Chaos Terminators (1992)
This is more like it. Same year, some hard red colour but altogether darker and deadly. This was the one and only year I painted with armies in mind, so I got some exercise in mass painting. Didn't really enjoy it that much, I much prefer doing individual characters, and I think I like painting chaotic and evil subjects most of all (go see my newer stuff).


Zombie Dragon (1993)
A paint job to match the John Blanche box cover art. Not great, not awful.



More, much more, to come, and go, never to be seen again...

~J~

2 comments:

  1. Those Chaos termies are awesome! Just the thing for cleansing a space hulk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      As it happens they are on eBay right now...
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290709089724?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

      I think I did have Space Hulk in mind for these, but its a game I never got to play.

      Delete